Today has been an interesting day. I have had our 7 disc duplicator sitting in my office for a little while. It was broken and would cost about $500 to replace. I’ve spent some time looking at new ones, but I wanted to try to fix it before we coughed up the cash. I started by ripping the machine apart (I void a lot of warrenties, but it’s usually worth it).
Anyways, I ripped some of the drives out and determined that one of them has gone bad, it is just no longer usable. However after changing a ton of settings and swapping drives I had 6 of the 7 drives fully functional. Now all I have to do is buy a $30 DVD-RW Drive and we’ll be fully functional again. So looks like I saved about $500 🙂